Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's a weighty subject

I have had a battle with my weight since I was a kid. It was so bad, I can remember being relieved the day I was diagnosed with Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome.It was a relief to know that my weight problems were a symptom of the syndrome. Not to mention the possibility of having diabetes, stroke, infertility and a greater risk for cervical cancer.

Due to this I have to be careful with what I eat so that I don't let my weight get out of control. I have tried everything from eating when and what your body tells you to, to taking diet pills and 1,000 calorie diet. The later did work, but as soon as I quit taking the pills and went back to eating normally... well, I don't have to tell you what happened.

So, here I am again trying to get my weight under control, again. Both of my parents died in their mid 40's and 50's from heart disease and with my condition, I don't want to take any chances.

Here's the fun part. You guys are going to go in this journey with me. My goal is to loose 37 pounds. I have already lost three so I suppose that only leaves 34 to go. I don't know if I will make it or not, but I am going to try. They say the best way to loose weight is a pound a week, and that is my goal. That means by December 5th, I should hopefully be at my goal weight.

Wish me luck guys!

7 comments:

  1. A lofty goal, but I know you can do it.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxanne. I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will glady go on this Journey with you!!!! I am well aware that I am far too fluffy for my own good, as I can no longer find clothes on the rack and must buy my clothes from the on-line stores catering to 'Goddess Sized Women'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a coffee cup once that said "I'm not fat I'm fluffy" and had a bunny rabbit one it.

      Delete
  4. Fluffy! Connie I LOVE it! My hubby refers to the fact that he's just a little bit cakey around the edges! And Joan - good luck! I KNOW you can do it :-D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, I am impressed and inspired by your desire to prioritize your health and am totally cheering you on! Smaller portions and non-processed foods would be my tips...and supposedly people who at a small serving of dark chocolate every day LOST weight...did you read that one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jenny. I have definitely become more proactive keeping a food and exercise journal. I have not hear that about dark chocolate, but I think it's worth a try. LOL

    ReplyDelete