Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The realization hit me

I am not sure it has been a blessing or a curse, but I have been so busy here of late that I have not had time to stop and think. Football season is always crazy for me, especially when it overlaps with basketball. If any of you follow my husband Ricky on his blog, Adventures in Hatterland, you know that he accepted a position at Stetson University and we will be moving.

In the midst of this, I signed my contract with Fantasy Island Book Publishing, and hopefully The Last Guardian will be in print before the Christmas holidays. If not, then it will be shortly there after. Now comes the fun part. I have started getting ready for book signings, working on marketing strategies, and in the middle of all this, I need to write the second book in the series. (The voices never seem to stop.)

Yesterday morning I woke with 1000 things running through my head about what I needed to do for work and what I wanted to do for the book signing. As I was running down my list, I felt a mental slap to my forehead, and I realized I have done it. I set a goal, followed a dream and did it. It was such an AH-HA moment for me. I am now a published writer with a book coming out soon! If I was one of those girls that squealed, I probably would. Maybe, when I finally get to hold that print copy in my hands, I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment